Please or Register to create posts and topics.

What questions can I expect in a student visa interview?

I’ll be sitting in the interview in a few months and would love to be guided by you people. 

Hi, Bhushan
You will be asked very generic questions like:

1. Why do you want to study in the USA? (If it’s an F1 student visa interview.)
  2. Which university and program did you apply to? 
  3. Give me a solid reason about why you choose this particular program. 
  4. How are you going to finance yourself and your studies? 
  5. What are your career plans after completing your studies? 

Try to be genuine with your answers, and if you have a career break, be prepared with meaningful answers for the questions around it. 

Can you please explain with the help of examples?

Sure, but I don’t way to give you example answers as it’s not that helpful. Instead, I’ll guide you about how you can articulate answers for each of the above questions.

1. Try to explain what excited you most about the USA genuinely and tell them the core reason that motivated you to study in the USA and explain why you felt the USA is the best place for the particular program you chose.

2. Answer to the second question can be pretty straightforward.

3. For example, if you have applied for a UG B.tech program, explain to him how passionate you are about technology right from your childhood and also stress the technological advancement that America has achieved over a period of time and conclude that you chose the USA for that reason.

4. This can also be a straightforward answer, and it can be different from individual to individual.

5. If you have plans about taking up a PG course, explain about it, or you can also explain how you planned your career after graduation.

I hope your question is clear now. Feel free to ask if you have any further queries.

Hey, thanks for the detailed explanation. Your help means a lot to me. 

Call for Admissions